To be an organization with innovation for educational excellence in information technology
At IT-KMITL, learning is pushed beyond the physical limit of a traditional classroom. The campus area and beyond is a big living laboratory and a place for students to learn.
Assoc.Prof. Nopporn Chotikakamthorn
The Faculty of Information Technology was initiated by Dr. Pairach Thajchayapong, the former KMITL dean, with the approval of the Council of King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang (KMITL) on July 12, 1994.
The Faculty, thereby, was designated to be one of the government-operated sections on February 27, 1996, originally offered a Master of Sciences in Information Technology with 2 specializations: Information Management and Information Science. The program has been taught in the second semester of 1995 onward.
A Bachelor of Sciences in Information Technology was first offered in order to produce graduates with academic strengths and moral response to the society, as well as to lay the foundation for further education in the master’s program.
A Doctor of Philosophy in Information Technology was originated.
A Master of Sciences in Information Technology was divided into the following areas: Information System Technologies - IST and Information Technology and Management –ITM
A Master of Sciences in Information Technology was divided into the following areas:
1) Information System Technologies - IST
2) Information Technology and Management - ITM
- A Master of Sciences in Information Technology was improved in accordance with the Thai Qualifications Framework (TQF) and divided into the following areas:
1) Information Science – IS
2) Information System Technologies - IST
3) Network and Systems Technologies - NST
4) Information Technology and Management - ITM
- A Doctor of Philosophy in Information Technology was improved in accordance with the Thai Qualifications Framework .
IT professionalism of academic personnel, students and graduates of the Faculty.
Graduates with complete IT knowledge and expertise in their specialized areas of study
The efficient use of technology and innovation to support an effective learning environment and to secure the leadership role in research and development in this field.